Monday 26 September 2011

I Salute You!!!!

Today I met an attention-grabbing personality at my office, LIC international.

He came to my table with a service request and started speaking in Malayalam with a sort of North Kerala slang and I recognized him as a Malayalee. Before handing over the papers to me he got a phone call and he started speaking in Telugu without any “AAhs and Errs” and now I recognized him as a South Indian who can be a Malayalee as many of my friends fluently speak all south Indian languages like Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.

After the phone call, he handed over the papers to me, and to my surprise, the name and sign on the paper doesn’t match what I have expected as I was expecting a typical South Indian name.

I could not control my astonishment and I enquired and found out that he was born and bought up in, Thane, Maharashtra.

Ooh!!!… So you know Marathi too other than the South Indian Languages. I asked.

Yes……and he can speak Gujarati, Punjabi, Tulu, Konkani, Bhojpuri, Arabic and Hindi and a little bit English too. His friend who came along with him said.

After the man left; to complete the service request and little bit curious too to know further about him, I took his Policy file.

I found out that, he has studied only up to Matriculation and working as Crane Operator and drawing a small Salary.
  
Dear       Dada Rao Thaku Ingole,     I Salute You………

I recognize you not as a Malayalee or South Indian.

I recognize you as a True Indian.

Epilogue


Mr Dada Rao Thaku Ingole was looking tensed when he came to my table.

He told me he will be leaving Bahrain with in a day or two as the company has terminated him.

He showed me the termination letter which states the reason that, he took part in the strike against the Company Management.

I was not a party to it. He said

I was passing through the rage area and somebody took a photograph which later came to the notice of the Management. Along with the other 25 people who took part in the rage I also got terminated without seeking for explanation. He concluded

Mr Dada Rao came to my desk to transfer his policy to LIC of India.

If he happened to come to Bahrain again he will definitely come and meet me as his request can not be completed by me due to the regulations in the policy.

Too Sad....

rajaramvasudev@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Its is said that a person's name has effect on his personality....

    Did you notice Raja.... Even his name has all the diversity....

    His name starts with "Dada" Brother in Bengali... "Rao" a common Telgu surname.... Thaku / Thakur " a North Indian Surname"
    "Ingle"... a Marathi surname... !! ;)

    Jaya He!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rajaram,

    Nice to read your article. This is only an example. There are many in our society who doesn,t know how to behave propoerly. We feel astonished when we realize that he has a line of degrees behind him. At the same time there are others like the one you said who has abundant knowledge but give us a low profile. "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER" No doubt. isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the reason we made Radio Voice bilangual....you are not alone

    ReplyDelete